As a small business owner, it’s important to have the right tools at your disposal to help you manage your day-to-day tasks and streamline your operations. In April 2023, I produced a list of 10 of my favourite small business tech tools that I use regularly. I have made some minor changes for this update to highlight the fact the of all the Google software products, it is Google Sheets has been the game-changer for me. I have also added in 7ToDos, a great collaboration tool for managing and monitoring tasks, and I have added AppSumo – a great source of new tools!
- Eventbrite – https://www.eventbrite.com – If you’re hosting an event, whether it’s online or in-person, Eventbrite is a fantastic platform to help you manage ticket sales and registrations. You can customise your event page, set ticket prices, and even send out reminders to attendees.
- Zoom – https://www.zoom.us – Zoom is a powerful video conferencing tool that allows you to host virtual meetings, webinars, and even online classes. With its screen sharing and recording features, it’s a great tool for collaborating with team members and clients, no matter where they are.
- Calendly (linked to Zoom) – https://calendly.com – Calendly is a scheduling tool that integrates with Zoom to make scheduling meetings and calls a breeze. You can set your availability and share your calendar with clients and team members, allowing them to book a time slot that works for everyone.
- Mailer Lite – https://www.mailerlite.com – Mailer Lite is an email marketing tool that lets you create and send newsletters and promotional emails to your subscribers. With its user-friendly interface and automation features, it’s a great tool to help you stay connected with your audience.
- Vimeo – https://vimeo.com – Vimeo is a video hosting platform that allows you to upload and share videos with your audience. It’s a great tool for showcasing your products and services, as well as creating educational content and tutorials.
- Google Sheets – https://www.google.co.uk/sheets/about/ – Google Sheets is a spreadsheet, but because it is online you can link data between different sheets so much more easily than in Excel.
- Document Studio – https://documentstudio.net – Document Studio is a Google Sheets add-on that allows you to create custom documents and PDFs based on your spreadsheet data. With its automation features, it’s a great tool for creating invoices, certificates, and other types of documents.
- EverSign – https://www.eversign.com – EverSign is an electronic signature tool that allows you to sign and send documents securely online. It’s a great tool for managing contracts and agreements with clients and team members, saving you time and hassle.
- Zapier – https://zapier.com – Zapier is an automation tool that connects different apps and services, allowing you to automate repetitive tasks and streamline your workflow. With its wide range of integrations, it’s a great tool for automating your business processes and increasing your productivity.
- ChatGPT – https://beta.openai.com/docs/api-reference/introduction – ChatGPT is an AI language model that can answer your questions and provide you with information on a wide range of topics. As a small business owner, it can be a great resource to help you learn about new technologies and stay up-to-date on the latest trends.
- Canva – https://www.canva.com/ – brilliant for creating graphics, adverts, flyers, and for adjusting the shapes and sizes of images.
- 7ToDos. https://www.7todos.com/ This has become important now Skylar is working for me. Working remotely we discuss what is going on and tasks are added to 7ToDos. We can agree dates, prioritise tasks and set reminders. It’s great. I bought a lifetime licence for about £20 through AppSumo
- AppSumo. https://appsumo.8odi.net/doz3Py These guys promote software products by offering amazing deals. It’s really easy to search for the kind of tool you are looking for – I always look for the lifetime deals, and have bought a video editing tool, an email distribution tool, 7ToDos, and a piece of software that helps manage messages and connections on LinkedIn.. it’s brilliant. The AppSumo link is an affiliate link which mean I earn a small % if you buy something through them. That’s the only affiliate link in the list, and is only included because they offer it as an option, so why not!
These small business tech tools are just a few examples of the many options available to help you streamline your operations, improve your productivity, and grow your business.
There are hundreds of cool and clever tools out there. Which tools do you use that save you time or improves the way you run your business?